AUDIOVISUAL MEDIA SERVICES
The Digital Single Market Strategy called for the modernisation of the Audiovisual Media Services Directive to reflect market, consumption and technological changes in the audiovisual sector.
The revised EU Directive on Audiovisual Media Services, which still needs to be formally adopted by Parliament and Council, provides a set of common rules for the European TV market. It sets out the operational and behavioural parameters within which the broadcasters and distributors of Europe’s audio-visual content industry will operate in the coming years.
Shaped by technological innovation and driven by consumer choice, there exists today different types of content and methods of distribution unthought of just a decade ago.
Cable operators are at the forefront of content distribution through the provision of high speed broadband connectivity and television services. Cable Europe’s members look forward to working with our partners in the audio-visual services industry to continue to offer the highest quality and the widest choice to European consumers as the revised directive is implemented.
- Cable Industry responds to long-awaited Audio-Visual Media Services agreement 02/05/2018
- Cable Europe statement on the European Parliament position on the Audiovisual Media Services Directive (AVMSD) 18/05/2017
- Cable Europe position on the European Commission proposal on the review of the AVMS Directive 29/07/2016
- Cable Europe welcomes proposals set out in review of AVMS Directive 25/05/2016
- Cable Europe Position Paper on the Audiovisual Media Services Directive 25/05/2016
- Joint position on must carry findability 23/02/2016
- Cable Europe response to the Commission’s Green Paper on Converged Audiovisual Worlds 30/09/2013