Download PDF file: GIGAEurope Announced
GIGAEurope announced at Cable Congress 2019
Berlin, 13 November 2019: On the opening morning of Cable Congress 2019 in Berlin, Europe’s leading independent private telecoms companies announced the creation of a new industry association named GIGAEurope. Built on the foundations of Cable Europe, the association’s founding members include leading converged video, broadband and communications companies Liberty Global, Vodafone and Telenet.
The association will advocate for its members’ interests based on three core principles: policies must strike the right balance between investment and competition; private investment is preferred to public investment; and regulation should be carefully considered, and not pre-emptive. GIGAEurope will look to represent a wide section of the communications industry – not only connectivity providers or related organizations, but also organizations that are part of the growing wider digital ecosystem.
The new organization will be formally launched at the beginning of 2020. For more information, please visit www.gigaeurope.eu.
Cable Congress 2019 is taking place in Berlin this week on 13th and 14th November, bringing together Europe’s leading players in the Cable industry. This year, its focus is on connectivity and the opportunities and challenges of a connected society. Today, some of the leading names in cable and media will be sharing their views on the future of the industry, including:Miranda Curtis, Board Director of Liberty Global, giving a keynote address on ambitions and challenges for the sector
- Joakim Reiter, Group External Affairs Director, Vodafone Group, with a keynote address on turbo-charging gigabit investments
- A fireside chat with Enrique Rodriguez, CTO of Liberty Global
- A panel discussion on Living with FAANG, including Oliver Friedrich, Google
- Technologies for a Sustainable Future discussion with Gerhard Mack, CTO, Vodafone Germany
- And other speakers from Virgin Media, Google, Sky, UPC, CableLabs, Liberty Global, Proximus, Tele2, Endemol Shine Group, ProSiebenSat.1 Media
Please visit www.cablecongress.comtechn for the full agenda and speaker list, plus latest updates, talk to us on Twitter via @CableEurope, and follow the conversation live using #cablecongress.
For more information please contact:
Director of Communications
+32 2 556 21 02