Industry expected to report strong top-line & subscriber growth figures for 2012
(Brussels, 4 March) With one day left until Cable Congress 2013 kicks off the European cable industry’s flagship annual event, anticipation is peaking in London where leaders across the cable, content, tech and new media space convene to talk strategy, share opinions and make predictions on the future of the industry.
Cable Congress, taking place on 5-7 March, will start with the opening news briefing which will release new year-end pan-European cable industry data from IHS Screen Digest. Offering a preview of what is to come, Cable Europe, the trade association for the European cable industry, today indicated the new YE2012 European cable figures will show:
- Positive revenue and new customer growth
- Strong broadband and telephony performances
- Continued growth in Digital TV and advanced services like Video on Demand
Comprehensive statistics on growth across cable’s products will be unveiled during the event.
Manuel Kohnstamm, President of Cable Europe, said, “Cable’s continued and steady uptick in new customers is a credit to the industry’s investments in innovation to bring new products, faster speeds and better services to more people across Europe. With so much attention on the industry right now and heightened excitement for cable’s prospects, there’s no better place or time to hear from top decision-makers. It’s an often heard refrain, but this year’s Cable Congress truly promises to be our best ever.”
Cable Congress 2013 features a spectacular line-up. Highlights include:
- CEO appearances by Liberty Global’s Mike Fries, Virgin Media’s Neil Berkett and ONO’s Rosalia Portela
- An unmissable meeting of the minds with international CTOs from Comcast (Tony Werner), Kabel Deutschland (Lorenz Glatz), Liberty Global (Balan Nair), Time Warner Cable (Michael LaJoie) and Virgin Media (Dan Hennessy)
- Executives representing the world’s premier content players, featuring Catherine Powell, The Walt Disney Company EMEA, Jonathan Sichel, Scripps Network Interactive, and Bruce Tuchman, AMC/Sundance Channel, AMC Networks
- The second annual Cable Europe Awards, honouring contributions from individuals and companies helping to move the European cable industry forward
Cable Europe Executive Chairman Matthias Kurth said: “Cable Congress always puts the industry’s most important topics front and centre. Whether focused on keeping pace with consumers’ connectivity and content needs, investing in the right technologies to maintain leading networks, or securing financing for future growth, cable’s best and brightest will deliver observations and insights that you can’t get anywhere else.”
For the latest news on Cable Congress 2013, please visit www.cablecongress.com, talk to us @CableEurope on Twitter & follow the discussion live on using #CC2013.