Download PDF file: 150909_VL_Statement CC reimagined FINAL
• Europe’s leading event for the cable industry announces new direction for 2016 and beyond
• 2016 event confirmed as Warsaw, 28 – 30 June
• Call for Speakers launched today
Brussels, 9th September 2015: Cable Europe has today announced significant changes to Cable Congress, the annual event for the European cable industry.
Caroline van Weede, Managing Director of Cable Europe said: “After many successful years, the time is right to take this event into a new era to reflect developments in our dynamic industry and set the agenda for what lies ahead. The Programme Committee is developing an innovative, interactive and knowledge-based Congress for 2016 and beyond. These exciting changes will be reflected in both the structure and the content of our event, creating a multidisciplinary and theme based agenda to reflect the challenges and opportunities of our converging market and changing consumer demands”.
From 2016 onwards, Cable Congress will also incorporate the successful EuroSummit event, following the integration of CTAM Europe into Cable Europe.
Working in close partnership with both CTAM Europe and CableLabs, the reimagined Cable Congress will bring together a mix of plenary sessions with the brightest stars of industry and workshop opportunities with the focus on debate and interaction. It will embrace SME, start-up and emerging market developments alongside the biggest players and competitors, to create the unrivalled meeting place for cable, content and connectivity.
Key features for the refreshed format will include:
• A full three day programme, with each day defined by a different keynote theme: Disruption, Innovation and Engagement
• Flexible delegate attendance options
• Each day will offer a blend of speakers, panels and discussions across disciplines and sectors
• Continued specialist focus for technology and marketing specialists by including tailored sessions looking at the biggest challenges and developments in their own fields
• A broad mix of keynote and deep dive moments, combining the biggest names with enhanced opportunities for dialogue and interaction
• An increased emphasis on networking opportunities, incorporating highlight events such as the Congress Gala Party along with “speed networking” and roundtable debate options
• Enhanced exhibition opportunities, with new features including an Innovation Village and content screening
As part of the refreshed and enhanced programme, Cable Congress is today launching a “Call for Speakers”, replacing the familiar Call for Papers format. The Call for Speakers invites participants to submit innovative, insightful and creative ideas for panels, presentations and discussions for consideration, with a deadline of 16 October 2015.
Cable Congress 2016 will take place in Warsaw, 28-30 June. More information on the realunched event and the Call for Speakers can be found on the Cable Congress website.